Thursday, August 23, 2007

Getting Caught Up

Well, Laura and I have just returned from taking Nate back to Virginia Tech for another year. There were memorials everywhere and it felt strange to be on campus. It was a mixture of optomisim and grief all being felt at the same time. We reluctantly said our goodbyes and left Blacksburg.

We took a few days to go to Ocracoke, North Carolina. Even though I was born and raised in southern California, I spent many summers on the island and it is where my mom was born and raised. Her grave is on the island and I have a few cousins who still live there. It holds significant memories for me and I always enjoy the time I can spend on that remote place.

Sue asked about the cost of a memorial bench and I will try and provide some additional information for those who may be interested in an upcoming post.

No comments: