Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pocomoke City as the Capitol of Maryland???

I am inviting Governor O'Malley to Pocomoke City for a state visit. I recently met with the Governor in Ocean City and we spoke about the planned rennovations of Pocomoke High School and the need for a firm committment on state funding for the project. He seems to understand how important this is to the city.

During a recent visit to Salisbury, the Governor named Salisbury the official capitol of Maryland for the day. I told him I thought that was a great idea and that I would like him to extend the same status to Pocomoke City.

If I can get a hard date for the Grand Openning of the Marva Performing Arts Theater, I may be able to provide the Governor's staff with enough time to plan his visit in conjuction with the openning festivities. He seemed very interested in the idea.

Pocomoke High School History/Civics Teacher Meme Suznavick spoke with me recently about a potential visit by Maryland Lt. Governor Brown. I told her I would be glad to work with her on this as well.
Stay tuned and I will keep you posted!

No comments: